Fees & Conditions
- All dance classes fees are charged by the term and are due by the first class of term.
- To remain consistent each term, invoices will be calculated on an average term length across a 37 week year.
- Students commencing classes mid-term will pay pro-rated term fees for the remaining number of weeks in the term.
- Term fees are non-refundable.
- Please see this FAQ for details about missed lessons.
- ONE $20 trial/assessment lesson paid by a casual fee is allowed for new students before enrolling for the full term.
- Casual attendance is permitted beyond the trial lesson at $30 per class.
- L’Académie students participate in Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) examinations annually and all students at the Primary level and above are required to attend a minimum of 2 ballet classes per week to achieve and maintain an examination standard.
- L’Académie examinations are held at our Petersham studio in November. Exam dates are not confirmed by the RAD until approximately 4 weeks prior to exams. It may be necessary for children to take time out of school.
- All private lesson students representing L’Academie with eisteddfod solos must participate in all dance styles offered, including groups.
Minimum age requirements
- The Royal Academy of Dance have minimum age requirements in place before undertaking each exam. Students must have reached the minimum ages listed below before 1st September to participate in a Royal Academy of Dance examination and Sugarplums classes.
- Our Sugarplums ages have been adjusted to suit these requirements.
|Level||Minimum age by August 1st|
|2 years (Parents and Bubs)||2|
|2-4 years (Sugarplums)||3|
|4-5 years (Sugarplums)||4|